RedLion G3 and AB Pico

The cat# is a 1760. It is the lowest function PLC AB has, I don't believe AB even makes it. They buy it from someone and relable it. The cale has a 9 pin D-sub for connecting to a computer and I believe it is RS232 comm's. Currently it have it connected to the G3 using a CBL0MR01 with no luck so far.

Thanks

David

From what little (helpful) information I have found since we talked on the phone last week, it does not appear that the serial port on that unit is good for anything other than programming. The 'communication' that is mentioned on their web site looks like it is a proprietary link used to connect more than 1 PICO together.

Regards,
Dan

No, the AB Pico's were already there. I am looking for a low cost unit.
My main goal is to use the G3, however, I need 1 0-10V in and one digital
out.

I have just finished an application using a G303 connected to an AB Micrologix 1100. There are three different models of the Micrologix 1100. They come with two 0-10V inputs and have digital outputs (if you buy the correct model).

With the majority of smart relays, unless they offer some sort of interface module, they are not designed to interface with a display.

Some units do offer a communications module, such as ModBus, but that only adds to the cost.

Unless you have the software for a Micrologix 1100, that cost will likely be out of your price range.

Based on the minimal number of I/O plus the analog input you will require, we offer a product that can handle that and it includes the programming software. In addition, it can be ordered with a ModBus RTU driver for communications to the Red Lion G303.

More information can be viewed at www.entertron.com/smart-pak.htm

Disclaimer - I am a employed by Entertron Industries.

Hope this helps.

God Bless,

The majority of smart relays, unless they offer some sort of interface module, are not designed to interface with a display.

Some units do offer a communications module, such as ModBus, but that only adds to the cost.

Unless you have the software for a Micrologix 1100, that cost will likely be out of your price range.

Based on the minimal number of I/O plus the analog input you will require, we offer a product that can handle that and it includes the programming software. In addition, it can be ordered with a ModBus RTU driver for communications to the Red Lion G303.

More information can be viewed at www.entertron.com/smart-pak.htm

Disclaimer - I am a employed by Entertron Industries.

Hope this helps.

God Bless,