Touch Screen

kimaru

Hi all.
We got a Siemens touch screen 670 whose pointer is locked at the center.It is,therefore insensitive to touch.Could anyone out there assist to fix this problem please?

Regards.

Generaly when this happens it means the membranes that makes a tuouch screen a touch sreen are stuck together so the touch screen sensor can not tell the pc where to put the pointer.

This is a repair job for the scrren itself.

I have in situations where I needed to keep the screen going for a few days have done a little trick where I drag the screen at the corners in hopes the 2 membrabes pop loose from each other. This trick has given me the time to get another screen in.

Before you start replacing screens, you might wanna check if the drivers for the touch-screen are installed. Maybe check if windows detects the touch-screen hardware.

Generally when the pointer stays in the exact center of the screen is when Windows couldn't find any pointer devices on start up.

Does it have USB ports ?
You could simply attach a USB mouse. If the touch screen interferes with the USB mouse, then you can disable the touch screen.
I have done like that with a laptop where the touchpad became erratic.