Routing with mp 277

Plc_User

I have an Siemens MP277 connected to a CPU314 with Lean Ethernet card. My labtop is connected to the MP277 by the mpi-port. I don'n succeed in downloading to the CPU314 using the routing function of MPI to ethernet of the MP277. In my project the routing path is activated and show a yellow arrow on the object of my PG/PC.
Is there something wrong or is this kind of routing not possible?
Thanks.

It is "this kind of routing not possible" that is correct.

For routing to a panel to work, the intial step from the PC and the final step to the panel has to be via MPI or DP, not ethernet.

There was someone in a thread a year a go or so who claimed that he had done routing via ethernet to a panel. But when I asked about the exact details, he never answered back.

JesperMP said:
It is "this kind of routing not possible" that is correct.

For routing to a panel to work, the intial step from the PC and the final step to the panel has to be via MPI or DP, not ethernet.

There was someone in a thread a year a go or so who claimed that he had done routing via ethernet to a panel. But when I asked about the exact details, he never answered back.
Can I conclude from this that an MP277 can not function as a router? There is only an mpi/dp port and an ethernet port. The way I tried it was pg to mpi-port, plc to ethernet port, and I could not reach the plc. I did not try the pg to ethernet port, plc to mpi-port, but I suppose that also does not work. Althoug if you look in hardware config Step 7 in the rack of the HMI to the object of the mpi-dp port it says it supports routing (properaties). Before that test I was doing some tests with WinAC on the MP 277. In that case routing worked from pg mpi to plc on ethernet. Thats why I am surprised it does not work for the mp without WinAc