Student project

riouxluc

hello I am currently enrolled in an electrical program in which i am learning about PLC's. I have been given several projects that require me to simulate a fwd/rev motor controlling belts, garage door...etc. I have drafted the ladder logic program to satisfy the remainder of the requirements, but not really sure on how the logic on a plc program should look for the fwd/rev rungs. any help would be appreciated. We are using an Allen Bradley PLC with RSlogix software.

Last edited:
riouxluc said:
hello I am currently enrolled in an electrical program in which i am learning about PLC's. I have been given several projects that require me to simulate a fwd/rev motor controlling belts, garage door...etc. I have drafted the ladder logic program to satisfy the remainder of the requirements, but not really sure on how the logic on a plc program should look for the fwd/rev rungs. any help would be appreciated. We are using an Allen Bradley PLC with RSlogix software.

Post your work so it can be seen and evaluated. Kind of like turning in your homework and papers. The big advantage to you is that you will be able to tap many brains
IF
you show you are working on it and show your efforts.

That is what I did when I went to PLC school. Worked great.
Dan Bentler

as Dan says, it's best if you post your existing program ... but here's a hint that MIGHT help ...

not really sure on how the logic on a plc program should look for the fwd/rev rungs.

there are two very common ways of doing this ...

(1) you have two separate outputs - "forward" and "reverse" ... if you turn on one of them, the motor will run in the "forward" direction ... if you turn on the other one, the motor will run in the "reverse" direction ... (I'll leave it to your imagination what would happen if they were both turned on at the same time) ...

(2) you have two separate outputs - "run" and "reverse" ... if you turn on the RUN output, the motor will run in the "forward" direction ... if you turn on BOTH outputs at the same time, then the motor will run in the "reverse" direction ... if you only turn on the "reverse" by itself, the motor won't run at all ...

there are other less-common ways of skinning the cat ... we can't tell what you're up against until you give us more information ...

and welcome to the forum ...