RIO vs Profibus

sutton

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys,

I have a Metle-toledo weight checker, and I need to link it to my AB PLC. The weight checker has 2 communication port, one is RIO and the other one is profibus.

I would like to know the advantage of using RIO or Profibus, in terms or hardware and PLC programming.

Thank you everyone.

What type of ab plc and what type of toledo controller? I have done multiple toledo Jaguarwire on profibus to TI 545/555. I have not put any on a ab yet. I have put vfd on profibus to ab. I would recommend doing what is a standard at the facility. If you have both I would choose whatever is your highest comfort.

Similar Topics

Hi all. Long time reader, first time poster. I am tasked to make a couple of module specific function blocks for communication between our...
Replies
Views
hello, I have a problem with my AN-X2-AB-DHRIO Prosoft module, I can't connect with the module because I lost a microSD card that has firmware and...
Replies
Views
We have a remove PLC rack that is being used to collect data from older equipment via a 1756-DHRIO module. This module occasionally faults out...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have information or documentation regarding the protocol used in Rockwell's Remote IO, and how the physical layer of the network...
Replies
Views
I have never understood how the I/O is configured using RIO. In the tree there is only the RIO module, not the racks of I/O attached or all the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom