Grafcet / SFC transition delay?

SCADA_Dude

I have reviewed the IEC 1131 documentation and previous posts, and cannot find a way to ensure a transition only executes if it's true for a certain amount of time. (Not to be confused with the time the previous action was true as in step1.T > T#5s)

For example:
When pressure goes above psi setpoint and stays that way for 5 seconds, then execute transition. If say after 4 seconds, the pressure drops back down, reset the timer to 0 and do not execute the transition.

Do I have to create a boolean and toggle that after the delay in a seperate section of the program? This seems like a messy way to do it, because I'd like to see the timer in the SFC...

Is this possible?

Thanks

I'm not sure I'm following....But I'll explain what I do:

I typically put all my grafcet step/transitions in their own subroutine. Any of the logic required to initiate a transition goes in its own routine, including those that are timer related. So, in the grafcet construction subroutine, I might have:

XIC Step1.1 XIC PSI High Delay OTL Step1.2 Branch OTU Step 1.1

Then in my timer/counter routine:

XIC PSI TON 5000 Branch XIC TON.DN OTE PSI High Delay

You've answered my question thanks!

I wish there was a way to show\evaluate the TON in the grafcet, and not put it in a seperate subroutine - but that will work.