RTC on Quantum?

SCADA_Dude

I need to execute some code based on time of day. I came up with the following code to extract the clock and put it into a real expressed in hours & fractions of hours. This is so ugly, I hope I am missing the easy way to do this! On A\B its as easy as looking at two S registers!

RRTC_DT(Clock_Result);
Clock_String:= DT_TO_STRING(Clock_Result);
Clock_String:= RIGHT_INT(Clock_String, 5);
Clock_Hrs_Str:= LEFT_INT(Clock_String, 2);
Clock_Min_Str:= RIGHT_INT(Clock_String, 2);
Clock_Hours := STRING_TO_REAL(Clock_Hrs_Str);
Clock_Minutes := STRING_TO_REAL(Clock_Min_Str);
Clock_Time_HrMns := Clock_Hours + (Clock_Minutes / 60.0);

If you are using Concept software the method that I use is in the function blocks. I use the GET TOD instruction and the time and date are all broken out for you. Then use Equal to instructions for selecting the time that you want to trigger an event. I'm not familiar with ST programming yet.

Steve

Thanks for the reply. I'm using Unity Pro XL 3.0, I searched for GET_TOD but its not included in the library. That's unfortunate because that would be a useful function.

SCADA_Dude said:
I need to execute some code based on time of day. I came up with the following code to extract the clock and put it into a real expressed in hours & fractions of hours. This is so ugly, I hope I am missing the easy way to do this! On A\B its as easy as looking at two S registers!

RRTC_DT(Clock_Result);
Clock_String:= DT_TO_STRING(Clock_Result);
Clock_String:= RIGHT_INT(Clock_String, 5);
Clock_Hrs_Str:= LEFT_INT(Clock_String, 2);
Clock_Min_Str:= RIGHT_INT(Clock_String, 2);
Clock_Hours := STRING_TO_REAL(Clock_Hrs_Str);
Clock_Minutes := STRING_TO_REAL(Clock_Min_Str);
Clock_Time_HrMns := Clock_Hours + (Clock_Minutes / 60.0);

You are missing something !!!!

Just read %SW50 and %SW51

I knew there had to be an easier way! Thanks!!

I noticed %SW51 is 16#HHMM format (BCD). Whats the easiest way to get these seperated into two integers (HH & MM). Do I convert BCD_TO_STRING like above? I cannot find any BCD shift left/right instructions.

I am using a Unity 12U processor.

Last edited:
SCADA_Dude said:
I noticed %SW51 is 16#HHMM format (BCD). Whats the easiest way to get these seperated into two integers (HH & MM).
I think you can use WORD_AS_BYTE block to separate low and high bytes of this word into two different variables.