SLC 500 communication problem

kelvinxu

I make a 1784-CP3 cable by myself.But I tried many times to connect my laptop to the RS232 port of SLC500.But i never success.Is there somebody tell me how to connect it and make this cable?

Thanks a lot

Try it..

9 pin female 9 pin female
3-----------------------2
2-----------------------3
4-----------------------6 and 1
6 and 1-----------------4
7-----------------------8
5-----------------------5
8-----------------------7

Hope this help

Deer

I have made this cable

I have made this cable according to the description in the manual of SLC500.And i also set RSLINX driver to RS232 DF1 device.Then i press the auto-configure.I can not find the SLC.
I don't know why.

The serial port of an SLC can also be configured for DH485. If this is an SLC that has been in use the previous programmer may have set it up this way. In Linx try to configure a PIC driver, then connect using the same cable. Regards Alan Case

IT's Ok

Thanks everybody

I have found the problem.there are some problem with my laptop.Maybe it's damaged.Now i used a RS232-USB cable.It's ok.But shoud care you must set the setting of communication manually.Becasue it always stopped by BCC/CRC when auto-config.