Keyword for Melsec FX2

smcmillin

Our company has recently purchased software for a Melsec processor.
Im trying to go online with the processor and it is asking for a keyword.What is this and how would i find it.
Thanks Steve

smcmillin said:
Our company has recently purchased software for a Melsec processor.
Im trying to go online with the processor and it is asking for a keyword.What is this and how would i find it.
Thanks Steve
Keyword or Password??
If there's a password blocking you from going on-line with the processor i'm afraid you need to contact the equipment manufacturer (or whoever wrote the program) in order to go online.

Keyword removal

Dear Steve,

PLCs can be prevented from unauthorized reading/writing by using a keyword.
If you need the program & the parameters from the PLC, you should try to gather the key from the writer of the program.
If you do not need them, simply clear all program & parameter data from your PLC and download other ones to use it.
Here is how to erase:

- With GX IEC Developer -
1. Open an existing project (Project/Open) or crate a new one (Project/New)
2. Select Online/PLC Clear/All

- With GX Developer -
1. Open an existing project (Project/Open) or crate a new one (Project/New)
2. Select Online/Clear PLC memory...
3. On the Clear PLC memory dialog check all Applicable data (PLC memory, Data device, Bit device) and click on Execution

Best regards,
Digital Diamonds Support