Mitsubishi F1-40MR

nightowl120

Hello, I have an older Mitsubishi F1-40MR PLC that I would like to upgrade to a AB 5/04. I have verified the program using the keypad to make sure my printout is correct. Does anyone know where I can find the programming manuals online for this unit. In the program there are PLS, S and R coils. I believe the S is set and R is reset and I'm guessing the PLS is the same as a one shot. I also want to find out if the timers are all time delay on. The program also has a counter. I would like to fully understand all of the instructions before converting.

Thanks.

nightowl120 said:
Hello, I have an older Mitsubishi F1-40MR PLC that I would like to upgrade to a AB 5/04. I have verified the program using the keypad to make sure my printout is correct. Does anyone know where I can find the programming manuals online for this unit. In the program there are PLS, S and R coils. I believe the S is set and R is reset and I'm guessing the PLS is the same as a one shot. I also want to find out if the timers are all time delay on. The program also has a counter. I would like to fully understand all of the instructions before converting.

Thanks.

If it is as simple of a program as you describe why would you want the processing power of a 5/04?
Just a waste of hardware. Unless you have it around in which case just use it.

2 things...

All F manuals are in the Downloads section at www.meau.com. Select Industrial Automation, then PLC, then PLC-F. You'll find F, F1, F2 manuals all there.

SLC 504 is ridiculous overkill. Why not try a Mitsu FX1N or FX3U? Most comparable AB would be MicroLogix.

Thanks for the quick reply. I found the manuals on Mitsubishi's site.
The reason for the 5/04 is because I have a few around and this will allow me to connect this machine to Wonderware (on the DH+ SST card). I have 5 other machines connected to Wonderware with 5/04's. The Wonderware computer is also connected to Wonderware's Active Factory program. The other bonus is I can install a Panelview 600 to replace an old Veeder-Root counter (which I have done to another machine).
Thanks.

Last edited: