turbine meter to floboss 107 pluse input

wilsonzhu

Does anyone know how to connect turbine meter to floboss 107 pluse input. We wired according the diagram, but i doesn't work. please help.

wilsonzhu said:
what's the meaning of k factor?

K factor can be expressed as "pulses per unit volume" (i.e. one pulse per cubic foot) or "unit volume per pulse" (i.e. one cubic foot per pulse. Different brands of flow meters use one or the other and sometimes both.

It's good to know this. but I think my probleum is there is no signal received in floboss 107. According to wiring diagram, it need Capacitaor and resistor. we installed these two stuff. but still no siganl received in floboss 107.

I dont recall ever using a resistor or capacitor when using a turbine meter.

btw if you dont have a k factor in you wont get nothing, although the flowboss may give you the option to look at the raw input pulse counts before the calculation with the k factor is done.

FloBoss pulse input

Zombie thread here but it could help someone.

I'm pretty sure you need an amplifier for the input into FB. Pulse meters are typically low voltage and the Pulse Input module is usually 24vdc or higher.

We have an old ROC 364 that requires the amp.

Good Luck!

PNP/NPN ? have you checked that both are the same i.e. PNP from the flow sensor and sourcing for the meter ?. Many people get this wrong but some flow sensors can be configured both ways.

Good Point Parky!

I was wrong in my statement earlier. The voltage is low and is open collector open drain (I think that is either NPN or PNP). This is from the manual:

Pulse inputs (PI) processes signals from pulse-generating devices and
provide a calculated rate or an accumulated total over a configured
period. The FB107 pulse input circuits are physically the same as the
discrete inputs. The pulse input routes to a pulse accumulator, where the
pulses are counted and accumulated.

The PI is most commonly used to interface to open collector/open drain
type solid-state devices. Use the PI to interface to self-powered devices.

Acceptable PI voltage levels range between 0.5 volts dc (low) and 1.5
volts dc (high)."