Strange ASI Problem

Phill77

I have an installation using a Siemens S7 414-3 CPU, attached to a Profibus network with a mixture of ET200S racks, Micromaster drives and ET200M racks.
On one of the ET200M racks I have two Siemens CP343-2 ASI Masters;
- one is used to control various IFM digital I/O ASI modules (mainly AC2041 Airboxes, AC2018 Pushbuttons and AC2701 4I/O modules).
- the other is dedicated for an ASI Safety At Work circuit, using two IFM AC002S Safety Monitors looking at several IFM ASI Safe modules.

I've been having a few occasional problems with both the ASI circuits.
On several occasions on the Safety Circuit, one or other of the Safety Monitors has tripped. Using the ASI safe programming software and looking at the circuit in Diagnostic mode has shown a random input having tripped, however looking at that particular Safety Input in the Process Image of the PLC shows that all of its bits are changing, indicating that it is OK, and physically looking at the input will show it as being in its safe state. I have found that reconfiguring the ASI master will allow the Safety Monitor to reset back to an operating state.
On the control circuit I have only noticed a problem with the outputs of the AC2041 Airboxes. The program will command a particular output to come on, and the output indicator on the module will light, but the actual output will not be on. However, if the output is turned off, then turned back on within around 30 seconds the output will really come on. As with the ASI Safe problem, reconfiguring the Master tends to fix the problem for a while.
Going online in Hardware Config shows no errors from the Masters, ET200M or PLC.
I have no idea what to check next, any suggestions as to what could cause this behaviour would be very welcome!
Regards,
Phill.