Uticor HMI

PhilRey

Does anyone have experience or opinion about Uticor's G Square Power Panel operator interface terminal?

I have been using A-B PanelView but, with my initial review, the Uticor unit looks pretty comparable for control and communication but better with graphics (128 colors) and PRICE.

Uticor's website

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
I have not used the color Uticor screen.
But I have had the pleasure of programming many of their other screens. A good plus is the online screen changes, within seconds.

Three warnings though:
1 - Remember to check if you are online or using your hard Drive. Also check you have backed up to your PC.
* you can think you have made a change *

2 - Remember to change screens to veiw the new changes.
* next then previous for example *

3 - There may be a power supply problem...
* we encountered this in AUS. and believe it to be caused by the use of a cheap internal filter. ( probably none )
So wire the screen with a decent line filter.
The screen may corrupt its memory and/or be damaged.
At least use a 27 V zenner diode.

The Panelveiw is one I have not used.
( not needed to program AB yet )

Isn't that the same panel that Automation Direct sells brand labeled as the EZTouch? It is also by AVG. If so I wonder how the price compares? From what I can see the programming software looks pretty much the same.

The PowerPanel is actually quite good, a very improved unit compared to its predecessor the PGI-100s (although the PGI-100's are actually good as well). What I find with Uticor is that programming is really quite easy, a real user friendly software. Someone who doesn't know much or anything about HMI programming could actually program it in just a few hours. I know, coz I didn't know a thing about programming and I learned it with a Uticor screen in just a few hours. I even learned how to hook it up into a PLC which is a Uticor PLC (Director) as well. The Uticor PLC impresses also, very easy to connect. It is like Plug N Play, real smooth, not bad for an old piece of hardware. Probably goes with the Uticor family - a user friendly product.

cheers,
Fyodor