access to hidden descriptions

merlin00724

hello again. im working with a program not written by me at work. it is quite large and the author didnt use address and rung descriptions. is there a way to hide and unhide descriptions? if so, how do you do this? the author(who i dont know personally) works for a reputable contractor, so i find it somewhat hard to believe that there is no description documentation somewhere. thanks as always edit: sorry sorry sorry micro 1200 on rs 500

Last edited:
Assuming the program file has these descriptions, open the file. Click on the ladder window.

Go to 'View - Properties'. Ensure that all the appropriate 'Show XXX' are checked. Click 'Apply' if you changed any.

If you still don't have descriptions then at least the file you have doesn't contain them. The file may have been created by just uploading from a CPU which doesn't hold the descriptions.

wow
just cruising the site, saw this, opened a file that a former employee wrote that I had always hated working on, since there was very little ladder comments and descriptions, then, I opened the file, did what you advised, boom ---- all kinds of comments.
Man, why did i not think of that.
excellent advice!!!!!!

this is almost certainly NOT your problem - but it’s one of the “dirty tricks” that are sometimes played on unsuspecting victims ...

invisible.JPG

the rung and the instructions above all DO have comments - but since their colors have been set for white-on-white, the comments are invisible ... even though they ARE set to be displayed ...

and another “trick” along the same lines ...

translate.JPG

I had a customer once who was convinced he had a “foreign language” PLC program in the used equipment he’d recently purchased ... it’s really English - but the unusual Font sure makes it look weird ...

remember to play nice ...