Lauer PCS100FZ HMI

rlmts

I am looking for information/documentation on this obsolete LAUER unit.

We have a machine on stop due to a fault with the display on this.

Lauer Details...

Model PCS 100FZ
Serial No. PCS FZ 00087-BN
Version No. xx001.000.0 V112.3 3514A19A
Eprom PCS 801 Eprom 801 00630-B4

The HMI is connected to a Siemens S5 115U via the following interface...

PCS 810 (Installed in 115U I/O Rack)

Details of Problem

LAUER HMI - ERR Lamp is flashing (blinking)
The display is blank (no display)
The Function Keys DO operate functions within the PLC
The LEDs DO turn on and off as expected via PLC status conditions.

We cannot locate the 'source code' for this unit. (Bad news I know!)
Although I believe we do have an old paper copy of the text 'source code', but it's in German (machine made in Germany) but our HMI had the English language version of the same prog.

I guess we could get unit repaired and translate the German message data contained in the German source code to English etc, etc. Re-type it all and squirt it back in.

But I am unsure about the syntax and things like max message length (especially when converting messages from German)

If we can get the 'spoken language' sorted and re-type a new source code with English messages, I understand that the PCS100 source code can be auto converted (programming language) to run in a later/current Lauer unit, anyone done this?

I am hoping for any help / comments / links / or simpathy etc!

Rich.