PanelView Communication Help

Purdue_Grad

Hello,
I am new to the RSLogix5000 software and am having trouble getting communication between my panelview and my compactlogix controller. I have a 300 Micro Panelview and a Compactlogix43 controller. I have set up the network for DH485 per the requirements of the PanelView. I have 3 AIC modules on the network. One for the PLC, one for the Panelview, and one for the workstation. In RSWho I can see all three so they are all communicating with each other. From what I have been reading I think I have to use the Map PLC/SLC Messages under the logic menu to send and recieve information from the PV and PLC. Do I also have to use a copy command in the logic or possibly a MSG instruction? I have the map setup file number 3 and tagname PanelView_Int. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

I don't think you have to do the mapping. I think you would add the PV to the I/O config tree, may have to add it as a Generic ethernet module. Then all PV I/O would show up in your controller tags list and you can copy it to an array to make more sense of it. To write to the PV, reverse copy. I've never actually done this but, my dusty memory banks recall coming across a setup similar to this.