AB Ethernet/IP BRidge module 1756 ENBT

agiusm1

I am trying to establish connection to PLC 5/40c via Controllogix Ethernet/IP Bridge module (1756 ENBT). Via DH+ network we are able to see all modules however when trying to see the plc's via TCP/1 I managed to give an IP address however the device type is un recognised and status is unknow..... Can someone give me an idea how should i set up the configuration.

Not quite understanding you.
Can you "drill" into the RIO/DH+ card in Rslinx and "see" the Processors that you are talking about?
There is really not that much to explain about the bridge, other than it is used to browse normally unaccessible objects using your Ethernet card on your PC.

1756 Enbt

As regards to 1756 ENBT when drilling down the TCP-1 we are getting a yellow question mark saying that it is not recognising the module.

I have found EDS file is missing however i down loaded but still no success.

If you have any idea please forward i am stuck and i have to lauch a project by the end of the month.

10x

It appears to me that the EDS file is still the issue if you still have the yellow question mark saying that it is not recognising the module.

Did you use the EDS wizard during the download ?
The Major revision numbers of the EDS file must match that on the ENBT.
What version of RSLinx are you using ? as a new card may require a new-ish version of Linx

The files that msmassey metions are
"harmony" .hrc and .rsh.

Last edited:
If you are not connected via a correct cable, you can get the ?, with the yellow colour.
Are you using a switch or hub, or are you communicating via a crossover cable.
This is a common problem.
I don't think it has anything to do with your EDS files.
(Unless your RSlinx is about 5 years old)
Tell us what is your method of comms.
Set your IP to static and get on the same subnet, don't forget to give your PC a unique last number.