High(er) voltage transducers?

Psymon

Long story short, I need to recreate a signal from an old AC tach. I believe the old tach had a range of 24VAC/1000RPM. Now all I have is either a standard (0-10 4-20) V/I or frequency outputs. Has anyone ever ran across a transducer with a 0-10VDC input and a 0-50VAC output??

Thanks,
Jay

I am replacing one of the old sections (drive, motor, and tach) with new ones. Unfortunately, the one I am replacing is the master speed reference. The old tach signal is being used by the other older drives that need them as their speed reference.

Just piggyback the original tack on the back of the new motor. Get a double shafted encoder. I don't know of any reliable, commercial method of converting any low level signal to the equivilant of an AC tachometer.

I would really investigate that tach a little bit more. If I am thinking correctly, the frequency of the ac voltage would vary with the speed. It is possible that your old drives "looks" at the frequency of the tach instead of the magnitude of the voltage. Most old tachs give a dc output voltage that is proportional to the speed.

RDRAST has the best solution and that is the way I would go if at all possible.