MicroWin timer question

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I've been asked to look into making a weekly event happen on a Siemens CPU 224 PLC.

I'm not that familiar with MicroWin (I'm much more familiar with Simatic Manager).

I wondered if anyone knows the best way to bring on a marker once a week (or once a day).

Is there special functions like there is in Simatic Manager or is there a way of doing it with a selection of counters and timers? Or is there a way to interrogate the system time?

Basically I want a marker on for ten minutes every x days. I could get away with every day but I'd prefer every week.

Any ideas? Or is this not possible?

Many thanks for any help you can give me

(y)

Hi Uptown

I taught I was the only one working on a bank holiday.
What you need is TODR instruction.
Type in to the help and you should be ok.

Talk soon

Donnchadh K.

Use the Real Time Clock Function and a some compare functions to turn your marker on and off.
From the Microwin help file;

You must code all date and time values in BCD format (for example, 16#02 for the year 2002). See the Table below.
Format of 8-byte Time Buffer (T)
T Byte Description Byte Data
0 year (0-99) current year (BCD value)
1 month (1-12) current month (BCD value)
2 day (1-31) current day (BCD value)
3 hour (0-23) current hour (BCD value)
4 minute (0-59) current minute (BCD value)
5 second (0-59) current second (BCD value)
6 00 reserved – always set to 00
7 day of week (1-7) current day of the week, 1=Sunday (BCD value)

This may help...

Microwin_RTC.jpg

You don't need to convert these to integers (i think it was for the HMI i was using) - you can just read off the byte values (starting at the address specified at 'T' in the READ_RTCX instruction) and use these in your programme...

Microwin_RTC_Hlp.jpg

Then just use the normal compare instruction to control your daily/weekly event...

This is a free library among many for the S7-200 series. It simulates the LOGO Weekly timer function and may be of help to you.

I have used it for a projects that needed a timeclock for the HMI and it works extremely well.