Cost of a transformer

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can anybody gives me a wild guess for the cost of an open air fan cooled 25KV / 2000A transformer step down to whatever ... perhaps 480 , 3 phases?

Just a hint, a ball park.

I need to move one of them big box with there switches and breakers but I wonder how much its worth...

An Oil Filled Air Cooled 11Kv - 690 Ac 3 Ph 2200Amps and 400 V 3Ph 2000 Amps was around (from memory - and thats not that good these days!) £28K GBP 3 years ago when i did a quote.

Thanks

I evaluated it to be close to 100K canadian$$$

So, I'm not far from it. (its 2000 Amps 600V)

504bloke said:
Very true

Industrial estate near me just had all the lead stripped off the roof over the easter weekend!!!

Foreclosed properties in the US are having the the copper plumbing stolen from them as well.

We manufacture copper and aluminum cable. Site security is turning into a major concern around here.

I seem to recall paying about $30K for a 1500A 25kv/480V transformer in the US about 6 years ago, I didn't think the cost should rise that much that a 2000A would cost $100k but who knows.

andrea said:
had a quote for a 750KVA 25k v to 600v for 35.000.00 canadain
but delivery is 30 weeks

It is unuasual now to get a custom tranformer in less than 6 months...this promted the plant i work at to investigate what would happen if there transformer "bite the cookie"...the 2000 amp gen set's ( 2 1000's in parallel) was going to cost about 10,000 for 8 weeks...the fuel was going to be upwards of 40,000 for 24/7 operation..and this was about 7 or 8 years ago...so you can double the fuel cost....

and most plants here dont realise they own the transformers..so if one blows you call hydro and they say..ok we will be out to disconnect...let us know when the new one is in place and will reconnect!...

d