How to download a new program to PLC5/40

wilsonzhu

I have a plc5/40e is running a different project's program, now I try to download a different project's program. but it tell me that" cannot get connected to online processor!, DiagnosticStatus failed:Sts=0x02 Link layer Timed out(NoReply) or Received a NAK". but CH0 of plc5/40E is connected by rslinx. pls help.

Use RSLinx to browse to the processor and ensure that the same browse path is used when you attempt to downlowd.

From within RSLogix5 you should be able to find a Who Active...Go Online option, and from there browse to the PLC and then hit the download button.

The problem is probably that the offline file communications settigns are not the same as the actual PLC.

Pay close attention to any warnings you get about changing channel settings and choose carefully whether or not to apply those changes.

Paul

if the advice from my distinguished colleague OkiePC doesn't work for your particular system, try opening the "new file" in RSLogix5 - and then look under the "Controller Properties" area of the project tree ... go to the "Controller Communications" tab and try setting the download path there ... that approach works best for some systems ...

I downloaded a new program to a plc 5/40e just last Thursday. Let me clarify just a tiny bit what Okie said. Under the Comms pulldown menu select System Comms. You will see just about the same screen that you get if you selected Who Active, except that this screen will provide you with the download option. Find you r processor in the tree, highlight it ,and then hit the download button.

I always like to open up RSLinx and verify that I can establish my connection to the processor before I ever open RSLogix. This is a good practice in an environment such as mine where you must regularly connect to a wide variety of PLCs.

Electrically_Bound said:
... Let me clarify just a tiny bit what Okie said. Under the Comms pulldown menu select System Comms. You will see just about the same screen that you get if you selected Who Active, except that this screen will provide you with the download option. Find you r processor in the tree, highlight it ,and then hit the download button.

I always like to open up RSLinx and verify that I can establish my connection to the processor before I ever open RSLogix. This is a good practice in an environment such as mine where you must regularly connect to a wide variety of PLCs.

Thank you sir!
For filling in the specifics

I replied on my out the door from home this morning (on a hunch about the most common cause) with no access to those important steps...

🍺

Paul