Third party HMI panels for S7-300/400

Alfbox

Hi everyone,
I am just wondering if anyone uses third party HMI panels in connection with CPU S7-300/400.
I am looking for something faster than current Siemens Windows CE panels are. (They can fetch changes every 100ms, but the speed of display change is about 500ms).
Moreover new versions of WinCC flexible are more and more hungry for programming HW speed and memory:mad: .
I would appreciate if you share your experience.

I have been using the Red Lions recently. They are inexpensive, very easy to program and provide a lot of options.

Jeebs said:
Just to be curious, but why would you need an update speed of less then 500ms?
Jeebs, the answer is very easy. I need panel which keeps the pace with short changes in the proces.

You're right that the update speeds of the Siemens panel are rubbish. The other day I tried to make a logo flash two colours when a product type was changed (just as an aesthetic thing). Sometimes you'd see and sometimes you wouldn't due to the rubbish update speed. Its not as though they're cheap either...

(accidentally went into a bit of a rant there..)

:)