Name for Local chasis

lllerena

Is it possible to rename the Contrologix name for the Local chasis?

I am trying to have two local chassis, one Local_1 and the second Local_2 (both with ControlNet-1756-CNB) but, where should i define the first name?

thanks in advance,

Luis

What are you calling "local chassis"?
I would call it the "rack" that holds the processor.

I am trying to have two local chassis, one Local_1 and the second Local_2

Obviously the processor can't be in 2 chassis, and it sounds like you are only using 1 processor.

(both with ControlNet-1756-CNB)

Let me get this straight, you have 2 CLGX racks 1 processor and 2 CNB cards, and you want to name the racks local_1 and local_2?

You really can't "make" them both local, because the rack that will not have the processor in it will not be local; the I/O will be labeled as "controlnet" rather than "local".
The only option you have, that I know of, is to "alias" the controlnet data to a location called "local_2".

Right click on the controlnet I/O that you want to be represented as local_2 and click " alias to" See pic.

rsl5000.gif

I am currently using version v7.02.00 of rslogix 5000.When you create the cnb module for the local rack, it can be named what ever you like. All the I/O modules added to the local rack will have all their tags beginning with Local: .This I believe cannot be changed.When you create the second cnb module for the second rack, what ever you name it, the tags for all the I/O modules added to the second rack will begin with that name. What I have done in my system is call the second rack Remote_1 and my third rack Remote_2.

Thanks Benny, I have made that before, but this time, I have the two chasssis on the same gabinet, so I am just trying to call them Local.... now I see I can't :-(

Thanks anyway

Luis

Rack/Chassis

What are you calling "local chassis"?
I would call it the "rack" that holds the processor.

Doesn’t the term "rack" only refer to I/O count while the "chassis" is hardware? The PLC would reside in the chassis that contains the local rack of I/O. :confused:

Roger