Length motorcables after VFD

Plc_User

I came to read just now that for Siemens Sinamics G120 the maximum length of shielded motor cables is only 25 m if not using an output choke. I think we have had projectcs already with longer motor cables, and I think with other brands the maximum length without choke is already up top 25 m. Has anyone experience with longer cables on G120, do you uses output chokes, how much power should you lose if you used 100 m cables without choke?
For the S120 series I don't find maximum lengths in the manuals, does anyone know what the maximum is for that type?
Thanks

The maximum lengths for the S120 series depends on the size of the power modules. The smaller the power module, the shorter the length. I don't have the manual in front of me, but think the figures are something like
small < 50m, medium < 70m, large <100m without motor reactors. The reactors can only be used with Vector motors - not with servomotors.
The Infeed will also have a total maximum cable length that it can drive.

Last edited: