4-20 mA Cable and RS485 in Same Conduit?

elitheei

I got to make a run of 4-20 and RS485 of Belden cables. Can I run both of these in the same conduit? The run is about 500 feet. This may be a dumb ?? for some of you guys but rather be safe than sorry. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks, I was fixing to write a PO then i got tho thinking .... Is this OK? It's tuff getting old, twenty yrs ago I could remember everything now I barely make it to work some days! If wasn't for message bds I would have to retire!

Thanks again ...!

24 VDC & 4-20mA

Correct me if I'm wrong here. :)

Now I've heard its a common practice to separate 24VDC & 4-20mA into different conduits, even though the 4-20mA is running at the 24 Volts.

I've also remember reading the NEC book stating that when running signal and power conduits parallel; there should be a certain amount of distance between them incase of interferences.

The only real need is to separate AC and DC cables, especially anything over 120VAC.

DC @ 24v doesnt have enough current to cause any significant noise issues, especially when most comm cables are shielded anyways.

With such a long run should he consider breaking up metal conduit, or run pcb conduit, to prevent any coupling issues in case it runs by anything with higher voltage?
Any benefits from adding a terminal strip halfway?

Metal conduit could be a consideration I've done longer 4-20 ma runs through electrical rooms with no problem using belden cabling without any noticable problems, adding a terminal strip would not help

We keep our AC separate from our 4/20ma, both in conduit.

No issues with comms wiring and 4/20ma--both low voltage and, typically, shielded cabling.