RSView32 Alarm Log Problem

rdread

I have a project just started up using RSView32 Ver. 7.30. All was working fine until I edited a couple of tags in the Tag Database. I restarted Runtime and the Alarm Summary was empty as well as the Alarm Log and it has not logged anything since. I've created alarms intentionally and it does not log the alarms. I've restarted the program and the machine, not change. I've searched AB Knowledge Base and did not find anything that applied.

Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

RDRead

I had this issue with an earlier version but restarting the PC always fixed it. Sometimes, restarting RSView32 app would fix it, but often it would hang up during shutdown. In my case, the alarm log would quit logging after the PC was powered up for some length of time. We analyuzed the set up of the logging and all the advice from Rockwell was followed. We fixed a couple of other bugs but never fixed the alarm log thing. We just made a practice of rebooting every other Monday morning at shift change.

There are numerous technotes to be found at ab.com, and they made numerous attempt to help me with a vesrion 6.3 I believe it was.

Your case is different, because you can't get it to work at all. You may want to look at verifying the tag database, and possibly blowing it away (after making a backup of course) and then re-import an known good one from the last working backup.

Can you revert back to the previous application?

Also, did you edit the tags within Works, or did you export it and re-import it with your changes?

I have all many occurrences of a corrupted tag database during development that required repair. RSView32 works great until you touch it...Using the Tag Database Export/Import utilities seemed to help me avoid corrupted tag databases...

This is all based on my experiences which are over 5 years old now IIRc...

Good Luck!
Paul

Thanks OkiePC for your response. I edited the tags in Works, then restarted the program. I could go back to a previous tag database, but I have not tried that.

Sometimes when edits are done in RSView 32, the project just does not want to release the cache files, and tries to keep running on previous settings.

A repair I do if any issue crops up, is to shut down the project, then in windows explorer, go into the project folder, open the cache folder, and blow away all files in that cache folder, they will be rebuilt on the next start up.

The next thing I do is go to the projects Tag folder, and look for one file with "the project name".cac
I THEN BLOW THAT ONE ONLY AWAY, leaving all the other files in that folder, this .cac file also will be rebuilt on project start up.

Then shut down computer and reboot and run your project.

I cant promise this will fix your problem, but it wont harm it either,

Here is another possibility that I spotted on our system the other day that prevented me viewing previous days alarm files

RSValarms.JPG