PV 700 configuration

gakpapa

hi all
i'm a newbie in PLC worlds n my english is not good:(
right now, i have a PV700, but i cant configure it because it's protected with password, n i dont know who did it.

i've tried to connect it with Contrologix via controlnet to download a program, but it couldnt be completed.
what should i do to erase the program on PV700 so that i can configure it or download some program in it?

fyi:
i dont know the IP address either

thx
ruri

Is that is a Panelview 700 plus? I don't remember if there was a 700 standard.Either way, there is a way to force it to the configuration screen so you can download your new app. I am at home and don't remember the steps.

Make sure the new app is configured to overwrite the existing passwords before you dump it in.

i've tried to do it via ethernet
now i know the ip address
but, i cant change the IP number on my Local Area Connection Properties

i've also tried to use PCMCIA card
but my laptop cant detect it

anyone...plzzz.....
i haven't tried the serial connection
i dont have staight cabel

If you need to get to the configuration screen on a PV Plus,
plug in a keyboard to the USB port, and push 4 keys, the Ctrl Alt Windows Delete keys, at the same time.

thx in advance GIL47
but before i read ur reply, i've won my duel with this PV plus
(it sure is "plus"..)
well..i'm a bit stupid here
for this two days, i tried to push all the button randomly to get in to the configure windows and ended up by a password request windows
apparently..i just need a mouse to click the configure button that shown in panel (programmed in the exist application in PV)
hehehehe...

anyway,in my trial, i push the reset and default together
something pop up, it's shown pv's IP address (127.x.x.x)
but, when i finally can configure it, the real IP (198.x.x.x) is different with IP that i get by pushing reset and default

why is that??
and whose ip(127.x.x.x) is that?

best regards
ruri