2 Versions Of Wonderware On 1 Computer

I have been using version 9 of Wonderware, but now a client wants me to do a program using version 9.5.

However I will still be required to do some work on version 9.

Is it possible to install version 9.5 on my laptop and still be able to do work in version 9.

I have licenses for both versions.

What Oakley said. You cannot run concurrent versions of WW on a given OS, but you can setup virtual machines which run their own instance of your chosen OS and then you can install 9.0 on the 2nd instance.

Would that actually work? Install a different version of Wonderware on another Harddrive or Partition? I always assumed the registry would become angry.

Jimfletcha said:
Would that actually work? Install a different version of Wonderware on another Harddrive or Partition? I always assumed the registry would become angry.

I think by saying 'swap' he meant an entire new drive with its own OS. You swap the drive and boot off of it with the diff version of WW.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I was just hoping I had finally discovered a way around this stupid "multiple version" problem that didn't involve VMs.

Curses! Foiled again.

Partition and dual boot. I do this on my laptop and put the stuff I rarely use but and are memory hogs on the 2nd OS. VM runs a little slow on my laptop.

I'm just surprised a "non-official" fix or program hasn't been written. You would install multiple versions of *wonderware, and the program would apply the appropriate registry values (or whatever) before you opened whichever version, thus eliminating any computer-breaking badness.

Although there would no doubt be "legality issues." Stupid legal stuff.

edit: And it's probably a bit more complicated than that...

If you want to program in 9.0 and run with 9.5 version runtime,
do all the programs and copy all the contents of your program (in the installation folder ) and replace with that to 9.5 version installed installation folder.

I think it will workout. As we have done this for 8.0 and 9.0.

Try it.all the best.