Remove and replace the programmer...

I am new to GE products and just ran into another wall with configuration of two IC200ALG230 modules.
Getting a System Config Mismatch fault and can figure out a solution.

Platform: GE Versamax CPUe05
Software: Machine Edition v5.7

I would like to configure the inputs for 4-20mA. In the software, I set the module to current and jumper terminals A13 & A14 per the manual and GE knowledge base tech note KB10104.

When I download, I get the System Config Mismatch fault.

Removing the jumper and setting the module configuration to Unipoler works fine, no error.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I've tried searching the GE knowledgebase and the manuals but still know know what I am doing wrong.
Thanks in advance for any comments or answers

The behavior makes me wonder if you really did download the configuration. The PLC must be stopped to make changes to configuration. If it is stopped, you get a screen with options to download program, configuration, and saved values. If it is not stopped, you don't see that option screen.

If you are still having trouble, send me a PM and I'll give you contact information and I can try to talk you through the steps in real time.

I was able to dig up another PLC and analog module at another project. The configuration and terminal jumper configuration works perfectly. I am assuming I probably have either a bad module or carrier problem. The first thing I do when I get to my customers site will be to take a look at the pins on the carrier.

Thanks

That's a good one to remember. Thanks for the follow-up.

Still, something doesn't sound quite right. Isn't the key configuration the same for an ALG230 (D2) regardless of whether the signal level is unipolar or bipolar voltage or current?

I tried it several ways...the D2 key configuration made all the difference. In this case, the carrier base was set to D3 and the module keyed arrow was freely turning (broken).