What's this in a S7-300 project?

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I'm looking at a Siemens S7-300 project and it has a PCS095+ in it. If I double click it I find that its a Lauer PCS095+ HMI panel. It is connected to the PLC via MPI but there is no "global data" defined for it?

All I can ascertain is that it is connected on address 3 of the MPI.

Does anyone know how I find out what addresses it is exchanging with the PLC and, more importantly, how I get at the program of the screen in order to make any changes?

I realise that this is probably a bit vague to someone with no experience of using a "Lauer PCS095+" so if you need anymore info then please ask.

Many thanks (as always)..

:)

Pcs095

I presume that this PCS095 is configured from a dos based program from Lauer ( PCSPRO )or the win based version ( PCSPROWIN)both can be downloaded from internet AFTER you get a login and password from Lauer .If you use the dos version you may also need the Kithara driver ( cause winXP or 2000 takes control of your serial port and you get allsorts of errors)Also a good thing is to get the special cable from lauer ( its one cable but with two connectors on each side ) A lauer project should consist of 2 ,3 or 4 files ending with *.bin ,*.DRV ,*.PCS , *PC$ and *.REC .
You can open the *.PCS file with notepad Right at the end of this file you can find the positions used in the PLC ( ie WORD 5, DB 1, DW 10, PLC 1)Its this *.PCS file that get compiled to a *.BIN and downloaded to the PCS095

Hope it helps
Greetings
Eric