which RSLinx version do I need

stuman

If I want to connect via RSLogix 500 ver 6 through the internet to a SLC 5/05 on a customers site, what version of RSLinx do I need? Will the Lite version allow that?

I went to the AB web site but I could not understand their feature comparison chart as it convered viewing ladder and data tables in RSLinx, but I will be using RSLogix 500.

Thanks
Stu

I would think any of them would... you would just need to have a VPN at you customers plant then you could communicate/see them.

You can try RSLinx lite for free to test it and that should answer your question

GiT

Linx Lite will connect just fine. I've used it to connect remotely via VPN. As far as RSLogix500/RSLinx is concerned it's no different than sitting in front of the PLC and connected to a local hub/switch.