high speed PLC

Have a look at one of the high end processors in the Omron CJ1 PLC. It is as quicker than any other PLC I have used. The inputs are programmable from a filter of 32ms to no filter.
Omron PLC Manuals
beerchug

How fast do DOES your your program needs to be executed? That's the primary question IMHO.
And does it make sense to you let your complete program run as fast as possible? Or do you only need some parts of it? If this shoud be executed at the event of a input, counter, ... you could use a PLC with interrupt functions.
Otherwise, there excists also brands of PLC's who let you define their time-classes. This way you can define certein pieces of your programe being executed ten times faster than other parts. B&R deliver such a PLC's.

Kind Regards,
Stef

nandakumar_tv said:
[B]Dear all,
can anybody tell me which PLC(make) has got least scan time for a program of 5k bytes.
[/B]

How do you know that your program will be this size before you have selected your PLC????????????