Quick STL question...

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I'm looking through some software and there's quite a few networks that end with // before the coil such as...

AN "A 17.1"
AN "TEXT 059"
AN "TEXT 060"
AN "TEXT 061"
AN "TEXT 030"
AN "TEXT 031"
O
AN "A 17.1"
AN "M 160.0"
AN "M 160.1"
A "E 75.5"
A "E 79.2"
// = "A 17.0"

Am I right in assuming that the coil is "commented" out and therefore nothing will happen with this network?

Also, will the state of this network be carried on to the next one via the status word or anything? Can this network (despite the commented out coil) affect the next network?

There's about five networks that all have their coils commented out.. it might be old code that was once used for testing but I want to make sure its not doing anything before I delete them.

Thanks for your advice/help

Cheers

:)

Your assumption is correct.

The coil is commented out, not used anymore.
Just ran a test and it seems it won't affect the next networks.

If you comment out an = then the preceding logic is simply added on the logic of the next network - with possible unexpected consequences. You should never comment out an = but jump around the section of code instead. Networks are a convenience for display.

L D[AR2 said:
If you comment out an = then the preceding logic is simply added on the logic of the next network - with possible unexpected consequences. You should never comment out an = but jump around the section of code instead. Networks are a convenience for display.

Simon is right (of course)...if you'd like to understand how this works in a bit more detail search for 'first check' or /FC in the S7 help

2^9

Thanks folks.

Simon, I thought as much. I hasten to add that this isn't code I've written.. simply some code that I have to work on. I did wonder about the status word but your comment about networks being solely for our convenience is very eloquently put.

Many thanks for everyones help.

:)