Yearly Timer Info

Soggy Canuck

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a customer that has a time controlled security gate, complete with a non-user friendly interface for progamming in things like daylight savings and holiday schedules. I looked at using something like a LOGO or equivelant but decided the development time was going to render this cost prohibitive. I noodled around on the internet and the only product I could find was made by THEBEN which offers what appears to be a fairly simple PC based programming package called "Obelisk". Has anyone out there used this product, is it worth looking at, or is there some other product that might rival this for ease of programming.

Regards Mike

PS: tried to download a demo version of Obelisk from THBEN's website but it asked for a serial number. With the time difference I haven't heard back from them yet.

LOGO have a lot of time based functions already built in, daylight savings, day/week timers etc. And if you buy the starterkit, its very reasonably priced.

Much hatred for "Daylight Savings Time", especially now that the US is going to change the start/stop dates on a whim now.

PICK ONE TIME SYSTEM AND STICK WITH IT.

rdrast said:
Much hatred for "Daylight Savings Time", especially now that the US is going to change the start/stop dates on a whim now.

I didn't know that? So they are just going to choose on a yearly basis when to put the clocks forward and back??

I can't see how that is going to work...

And, yes, I agree with you, pick a system and stick to it!

:)

Aye.

Additionally, there are many studies that indicate that there are no actual 'Energy Savings' from the switch back and forth, in fact, energy usage increases, so what's the point? Just extra 'Daylight' in the evening? fine, then stick to the DST time shift year round.