Wireless control options compatible with Mistubishi PLC?

XIO

I am fairly new to the automation industry and I was wondering what options are available to interact or control via wireless with a PC. I know there is Ethernet but what about completely wireless? What modules would I need that are compatible(if required) with Mitsubishi FX PLC series?

XIO said:
I believe I am after wireless programming. Although wireless I/O would also be of interest.

Look into Bluetooth serial, I have not tried it on a Mitsubishi yet, I will over the weekend, you will still need an SC09 but no connection from your laptop to the SC09 that will be wireless.

I let you know how/if it works

Does your laptop have built in Bluetooth?

We tried connecting to Mitsubishi A series using a Phoenix Contact bluetooth device.We did not succeed.We did succeed in connecting to a Unitronics PLC. ( They are both in a clean room , so we need to troubleshoot from outside)

GIT
What bluetooth adapters are you using? I am thinking about buying some but just want someone elses opinion.

JeffKiper said:
GIT
What bluetooth adapters are you using? I am thinking about buying some but just want someone elses opinion.

Hi Jeff,

See my website :) I have tried several others but these seem to work the best.

For the serial Bluetooth, I still have not had time to try it on an FX, just AB's it works good on any DF1 that I have tried.

Just the Bluetooth/USB I realy like all of Keyspan products, they are not over priced and they are very very good.

My opinion is a little on the.... well, you know ;)

I hope to have time later this week to give it a try on the FX

Mark
aka GiT