help a protool beginer

Escumalha69

Hello i'm a protool beginer and i have to make a school work.
the work consist in make the game BATAK, the program in plc is done, and i have to interact the protool with the plc.
i want to know how save the score of the game into a file, the score is number in a counter ("c54")and associate the score at one name.
Basicle i whant to know how i save the name of the player and associate it to a number of the counter.

can someone help me??

Hi mate,

You can't really "store" information like that in a HMI. You need to use the PLC to store the information (in your case the players name and score). Then you use the HMI to display the information.

In your case I would set up a button on the HMI (although you don't say which HMI you are using) that will initiate the 'save'. This button would pass the players name and score into a datablock to be saved.

You could also have a "high score" datablock with a bit of extra code...

All the HMI does is provide a 'window' into the PLC so don't get confused into thinking that the HMI does any clever processing...

Hope that helps a bit...

:)

uptown47 said:
Hi mate,

You can't really "store" information like that in a HMI. You need to use the PLC to store the information (in your case the players name and score). Then you use the HMI to display the information.

In your case I would set up a button on the HMI (although you don't say which HMI you are using) that will initiate the 'save'. This button would pass the players name and score into a datablock to be saved.

You could also have a "high score" datablock with a bit of extra code...

All the HMI does is provide a 'window' into the PLC so don't get confused into thinking that the HMI does any clever processing...

Hope that helps a bit...

My PLC is siemens i use s7-200 and the software is SIMATIC PROTOOL

Last edited:
uptown47 said:
That's fine. But, as I mentioned, you really need to be storing the information (ie. player, score etc) in the PLC as oppose to in the Human Machine Interface (i.e the OP7 or touchscreen etc)

i really need store the information in a file and i use a PC not a OP7 or touchscreen the protool RT runs in a computer.

Look at functions available in Protool scripting, 5-6 years ago I had the same physical setup and I was storing and retrieving small amounts of data to the hard drive. I remember I had to write a script but thats all I can recall.