RSLinx 2.42 problem on laptop

Chris Denman

I have a problem trying to remove a driver from the configure drivers screen every time I try to remove it the laptop go's to blue screen of death then re-boots (the driver that has been added is the KT-1 DH+ (Sta:0 Addre:D000 Error). this is incorrect for this laptop (HP compaq60000 running XP (sewped)obviously as it does not use a KT card but cannot get rid of it now or alter the setting/value from KTX(D) to pcmk type (does the same crashes and re-boots) Also once RSlinx is running it cannot be shut down without using the ctrl alt delete function to get to task list and end it under the Processes list. Any body seen this before or know how to get the Linx software removed as I canot remove it either, tried the cd and removing the software but it just removes the OBDC stuff not Linx??
Any advice welcome!

You can start Windows XP in Safe Mode, remove the driver, then restart in normal mode.

I have managed to unistall it by taking out the kt drivers manually from program files / rockwell software / rslinx, then selecting manual start for linx then using add remove software from windows and using the 'change icon' on linx instead of remove icon option this also gives the option for removing/unistalling but does not crash out the laptop.

As your computer boots up, press F8 repeatedly. This must be done after you turn it on and before the Windows boot screen appears. This should present you with a startup menu where you can choose Safe Mode.

OG

Another fix is to use the RSLinx Backup/Restore Utility. Restore a previous configuration and it will wipe out the driver that is causing the BSOD.

OG