Panelview Plus connecting to SLC thru DH+ Bridge

bguinn

I am trying to set up a PV+ 1000 to monitor plant wide processes.

I am not having any trouble setting up the Control Logix and SLCs that I have on the ethernet network.

However, I have one line that had several SLCs already connected to each other thru DH+. I added a 7 slot control logix rack an ENBT, and a DHRIO card. I can now communicate to all my PLCs in RSLINX. When I try to set up the comms in RSLINX Enterprise in RSView Studio, all I get is the ? followed by Bus. For some reason it seems Linx Enterprise does not see anything past the control logix bridge that I have set up.

Am I missing something or is this a limitation in Linx Enterprise, or is there a work around other than dropping ENIs on all my PLCs.

I tried manually creating a path as you describe in RSLinx Enterprise. I could not add a DH+/RIO device anywhere. This might be a limitation of Enterprise.
You may want to investigate KepWare. It's a third-party OPC server/client software which can be added to RSView. This may only work for PCs not PVs though.

The PC that you are using the RSView Studio for ME on can you see all the PLC's on the DH+ network ?

My mind keeps going to, DH+ routing table, or an old EDS file on your PC,
I think the ? means it finds something, but it wants to know from you how to get to it.

The annoying thing is I have seen this before and we resolved it but am suffering a mind blank.

Thru RSLinx Classic 2.50, I can see all the PLCs on the network. I can even go online thru RS Logix, make online edits and download programs. My only problem is when I try to route the PV+ thru the gateway/bridge.

If it makes a difference, I am also getting similiar results when trying to route PV+ thru a DH485 bridge. I can see all the PLCs on the network thru LINX, just not Linx Enterprise.

I am leaning towards believing it is a limitation in Linx Enterprise, but I was hoping somebody could tell me different or confirm my assumption.

I had the same problem last year, I'm no expert but I don't think it will read through the bridge. If I remember right I did get it to read (on Ethernet)from a topic on a PC running Linx that was connected to DH+

Clint

Wait for a better opinion

I had the same problem only with Controlnet. AB tech support told me that the PV+ does not support passthru via brige modules. V4.0 firmware.

RSLinx Classic can bridge across a Logix backplane through a 1756-DHRIO and connect via DH+ to an SLC-5/04 or PLC-5 controller for upload/download, editing, and monitoring.

RSLinx Enterprise bridging is limited to CIP networks; EtherNet/IP, ControlNet, and DF1. It can connect directly to DH+ via the 1784-PKTX or 2711P-RN6 modules, but cannot bridge across a Logix backplane and a 1756-DHRIO the way you describe.

I made the same assumption the first time I used RSLinx Enterprise.

RSLinx Classic can bridge across a Logix backplane through a 1756-DHRIO and connect via DH+ to an SLC-5/04 or PLC-5 controller for upload/download, editing, and monitoring.

RSLinx Enterprise bridging is limited to CIP networks; EtherNet/IP, ControlNet, and DF1. It can connect directly to DH+ via the 1784-PKTX or 2711P-RN6 modules, but cannot bridge across a Logix backplane and a 1756-DHRIO the way you describe.

I made the same assumption the first time I used RSLinx Enterprise.

Hello,

is there anyway i can connect my Panelview Plus to SLC504 via this configuration?

- Panelview Plus (Ethernet) -> 1756 Enbt (slot2) -> bridge via CLX backplane - 1756DHRIO(Slot3) ->DHplus network to SLC 504..

i can only ADD up to DHRIO in RSlinx Enterprise, the dropdown under DHRIO will not show any option. ( wanted to see some selection of Target PLC -SLC504)..šŸ™ƒ

Hello,

is there anyway i can connect my Panelview Plus to SLC504 via this configuration?

Should work, I have made and sold a lot of them, what series are you using on the DHRIO ? do you have the dip switches set correctly ?

Can you drill down with your PC and see the DH+, try using your RSLinx and your PC

I have made and sold a lot of them

Were you using PV+ through a 1756-ENBT and a 1756-DHRIO to a controller on DH+ ?

Everything I've read says that RSLinx Enterprise *cannot* use that route, while RSLinx Classic can.

There was a thread on another forum suggesting that a late 2015 revision of RSLinx Enterprise would gain that ability in order to support the QTS AN-X network bridge, which emulates the ENBT/Backplane/DHRIO path.

Were you using PV+ through a 1756-ENBT and a 1756-DHRIO to a controller on DH+ ?

Everything I've read says that RSLinx Enterprise *cannot* use that route, while RSLinx Classic can.

There was a thread on another forum suggesting that a late 2015 revision of RSLinx Enterprise would gain that ability in order to support the QTS AN-X network bridge, which emulates the ENBT/Backplane/DHRIO path.

No, I was referring to the DH+ bridge, if he can not see it in RSLinx on the PC then there is no chance it will work at all, so I was just trying to help with the setup on the bridge