scada(intouch) ncommunication with siemens 313c plc

palakumare

hello,
sir , i m having 313c siemens plc with usb adapter , i want to communicate it with wonderware's intouch , will it possible plz advice me,

sir, i m having siemens 313c plc with usb adapter , i want to communicate it with wanderware's intouch will it possible? if so pl tell me the steps to follow.

Normally you use Simatic Net in connection with Intouch. Search for previous threads.

I think it is not possible with Siemens own Simatic Net software in connection with the USB adapter. If there exists for example a 3rd party OPC server that works with USB adapter, I do not know. For the serial PC adapter, there are several 3rd party products.

Anyway, both the USB adapter and the serial PC adapter are not well suited to a permanent SCADA installation. It is much better to use a CP5611 (PCI) or a CP5621 (PCI express). Both are only slightly more expensive than the USB adapter and will work with Simatic Net.