Total Control Products TCP Picture File print

russrmartin

Does anyone know any way to get a screenshot or print screen on a TCP picture file? I need to get an electronic .jpg or something like that of the screens which can be pasted into operating standards manuals. Right now the best option I can think of is to open the pic file, then take a digital photo of the computer screen. Anyone else been able to accomplish this with a better method?

TCP is not an open platform PC based HMI, so I don't see how you could use a generic screen capture program? If you do let me know how it's done. I have noticed the same deficiency in the GE Fanuc QuickPanel View which is basically a continuation of TCP. What I do is copy all screen objects and paste them in to the Word.
If anyone else has some ideas please let's hear them this is a somewhat of an issue.
Thx

Here is a single screen, using hardcopy. Just start Hardcopy, start Quickdesigner and project you want screen prints of. View the preview and right click, select the bounderies and save as.

gradelamp.jpg

George

I did not realize there was a QickDesigner project available - I thought we were talking about getting images from a working unit without a project.

With the project, it is simple. In QuickManager, highlight the project and select Project -> Print... A small window titled "Report Setup" will appear, with several checkbox options. Select "Panel Image" and "Report to File", then click "OK" button. Another window will appear where you can select the location on a hard drive and the file name. Although the default extension is .rtf, the function will create a folder with the same name as enetered.

Within that folder, you will find the .rtf file and - hooray! - a .bmp file for each screen in the project.