RS5000 Communication Status

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hello folks

I have a small ControlNet network that I would like to monitor for communications faults. If a rack (5) faults or looses comms. I would like to turn off all the output on a card. Anybody have some ideas? We call them Safety Outputs they are NOT they are status bits to and from a Banner Safety Controller just talking, NOT any safety rated communications.

JAK
C-Net_Layout.jpeg

Last edited:
Is the card you want to turn all outputs off installed in the rack which has lost comms? If so, you need to configure the module to do what you want on comms loss. If the outputs are on a different rack, use the following logic to monitor comms.

CLogixComms.GIF

Similar Topics

I have recently made a career change after 25 years of being an electrician. I am officially a junior automation controls programmer. I recently...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Hoping that someone could please confirm if the 1756-IF16/B is/isn't compatible with the 1756-L1 5550 processor(13.24). I'm sure I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need help making a logic modification to a RS Logix 5000 program. I can email the program and give plenty of insight to it plus I have...
Replies
Views
Hey folks I was wondering how one puts shortcuts on the logic display for instructions. A few weeks back another programmer added them for me...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm struggling with getting an email to send using an eweb module on a controllogix system. Any chance I could get someone here to help?
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom