RS Linx Gateway problem

johnfarrugi

I have gateway running on our server. I have about 20 different drivers configured, all of which are ethernet drivers. There are about 15 computer that connect to the server through gateway. I've noticed that new ip addresses are getting added to the drivers within gateways configuration. If I configure an ethernet driver and added 10.1.7.2,10.1.7.3 and 10.1.7.4 manually, other ip addresses tend to appear on there own. Even if I remove these new addresses, they soon appear within seconds. Anyone else have this problem? No mater what I do ip addresses appear. I also use this server for OPC connections. I am reading about 2000 tags through OPC from different AB PLCs on our plant floor.

Last edited:
Are you using the Ethernet/IP Driver, or Ethernet Devices?

If I'm not mistaken the Ethernet/IP Driver will populate with all AB ethernet/IP devices. If you use the Ethernet Devices driver, it only searches for the IP addreses you tell it to.

Another possibility is that you have a couple of devices that are set to DHCP you should be able to ping those unwanted addresses to se if they are actual components another thing you can attempt is to http://IP-address
this on many types of equipment such as printers etc will allow you into its parameters menus assuming you have the passwords but it may help to locate the devices