Beginner program - Timer

r_boxblast

hello guys,

Im using Syswin 3.4 downloaded from mrplc.com. Im new to this programming.
What i want to make is when i turn switch 000.00, it will give an output 200.00 for 15 seconds, then change to 200.01 for 15 seconds, then change to 200.02 for 15 sec, then change to 200.03 for 15 sec. And then reverse back from 200.03 for 10 seconds till output 200.00. What i've tried as below and im a bit stucked. hope i can get some help here. thank you

timer1.JPG

A little clarity here is needed the way I'm reading this is that
200.00 comes on after 15 seconds then output 2 comes on after 15 seconds however do you want the previous output to stay on until after the reverse sequence takes place? with the 10 second switch off rate?

what i meant was 1 output at a time..first round all output will run FOR 15 seconds..second round (when reverse) it will run FOR 10 seconds..1 output at a time and the output will switch immediately after the desired time..

if im not mistaken it is a TOF timer off delay..

try my best to explain..sorry for the bad english

that makes things a lot easier so in order for you to learn I'll describe one way you can do this first maistake I see above is you want input 000.00 to turn on output t001 so place that statement on the same rung
then input t001 to turn on another timer or a counter
to shorten the lines of runs I would use the timer 1 to set a counter to 4 counts
then use the compare instruction to control you outputs
I'll have to think about the reverse sequence but this should get you started

i dont really get what u mean..
isnt the program on my first post will give the 200.00 output for 15 seconds after i give the 00.00 input(switch)?

Yes your correct on that but what I'm trying to explain is that we want need to have some extra control to turn off the output right now with the above statement output 200.00 will always stay active while 000.00 is pressed. and start timer 1 you want to control the outputs with either inputting various timers or with a compare instruction to a counter
the first method will need approximately 8 to 9 different timers
you can set them as inputs when completed. the second method will use a counter value of how many 15 second periods have elapsed to turn on the various outputs. I'm currently trying to write an example in SYSwin for you however I haven't used that software previous so I'm still jumping through its various differents such as the network invalid faults I keep getting

Last edited:
8 to 9 different timers?hmm..ya that is my problem, i dont know how to change to the next output and close the previous one..

thanks for the help..hope u can show some 2-3 outputs..the rest i can try myself because i hardly find the example in the internet

Currently working on the timer to counter control method in syswin but I may just switch to CX programmer and show you the layout via a PDF file rather than try to learn a language I'll probably never use trhe other point to note is that many PLC's will only support a set number of timers. So the method I'm currently trying to generate is the preferred method

This sounds like an application for a shift register or 2, only one timer is needed then.

Something to think about....

thought about that, essentailly works out to the same would just need to add a shift register reset at the end of the application I however have to work on a breakdown so if anyone can help him today with some examples
I can continue this tomorrow if not

8 timers.

Switch starts timer 1. Timer 1 starts timer 2. Timer 2 starts timer 3, etc.

I banged this out in CXProgrammer so I printed it to a PDF, it should be enough to get you started.

timera.JPG

rung 1 - output 100.00 15 sec (1st relay = 1st speed)
rung 2 - output 100.02 15 sec (2nd relay = 2nd speed)
timerb.JPG

rung 3 - output 100.04 15 sec (3rd relay = 3rd speed)
rung 4 - output 100.06 15 sec (4th relay = 4th speed)
timerc.JPG

rung 5 - output 100.05 10 sec (delay 10 sec for motor to stop)
rung 6 - output 100.08 and hold with below output (change wire to make reverse direction for each speed)
timerd.JPG

rung 7 - output 100.00 15 sec (1st relay = 1st speed rev dir)
rung 8 - output 100.02 15 sec (2nd relay = 2nd speed rev dir)
timere.JPG

rung 9 - output 100.04 15 sec (3rd relay = 3rd speed rev dir)
rung 10- output 100.06 15 sec (4th relay = 4th speed rev dir)
timerf.JPG

all rungs declare the address to real output

what i want to do was one output at a time. but from rung 7-10 all outputs come out together. not 1 output at a time. can anyone help me? thanks

I thought we were just controlling 3 outputs?? 200.00 to 200.03?????

if that is the case I've converted Alarics example to syswin

I can help you better if you can give me a truth table(desired conditions at what times) with an accurate I/O list

Last edited:
Just a little hint:
Rung 6 is causing a problem with your sequencing. The reversing output should be handled on a new rung.