RS Linx maximum number of Ethernet Nodes

Freak

Hi All - does anyone know if there is a maximum number of ehternet nodes that can be entered in Linx? I assumed it was 255 but I am unable to get more than 81 viewable in RSWHo, I can enter them in the driver configuration but it doesn't come through to RSWho.
At the end of the day I simply have started another ethernet driver but I was hoping to have them all in one.
Cheers
Peter

From the RA Knowledgebase :-

If there are a large number of ethernet devices configured on one RSLinx driver it can affect the rswho window red Xing or not.

Example: There are 50 ethernet devices on a network and configured in one RSLinx ethernet devices driver. The rswho window shows intermittent red X's but works fine if 25 are configured in the driver. RSWho tries to see all 50 within the poll rate configured and would timeout within the configured timeout. Right click on the AB_ETH-1 driver in rswho and select properties. On the advanced tab, the poll rate and timeout can be increased to resolve this. If the devices were split into two drivers, this would not need to be done. This pollrate and timeout configuration are stored in the RSLinx cache files harmony.hrc and harmony.rsh. If these files are deleted, the configuration would return to the default settings. They also would not be transferred with an RSLinx backup/retore .

NOTE: The number 50 is hypothetical as there are a variety of factors such as cable distances or number of hops ( routers/switches) .

An advantage of using multiple drivers would be to separate various plant sections, as the driver name does not need to be named AB_ETH-1. Example : Assembly_1

Split your ethernet devices into plant sections seems to be the best way to go.