Launching Excel.exe when clicking a button at RSView32

flyers

Hi guys,

It is possible to execute the Excel.exe when I click the button at RSView32? Is there anywhere we can do this without doing any VB scripting?

Please help. Thank you.

In the button configuration -> Action Tab -> Choose Command [Run Command] -> Release action -> key in the following- AppStart "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" "C:\Foldername\filenaame.xls"

I assume your excel is installed in C:\Program Files\

Regards
_______

Another item which may come to light is bringing the excel app to the foreground. There are windoze settings which might need to be chagned in order to make the excel window appear in the foreground rather than the background.

I had an RSView application which I added buttons to open up calculator and excel files, but when they don't appear, I found that the user would keep presseing the button, opening multiple instances of the application.

Once, I found 10 copies of calculator running in the background since the taskbar was hidden, it went unnoticed. Once I applied the changed to windows system variablesw to allow the Appstart command to bring focus to the newly started application, the problem was resolved.

It has been many years ago, so I can't quote specifics, but the solution is simple, once you find it.

Paul

Guys,

Thanks a lot man, I really apprciate all the valuable feedback. I'll download the addon programs from the website and try it out tonite.

Good work !

OkiePC said:
Another item which may come to light is bringing the excel app to the foreground. There are windoze settings which might need to be chagned in order to make the excel window appear in the foreground rather than the background.

I had an RSView application which I added buttons to open up calculator and excel files, but when they don't appear, I found that the user would keep presseing the button, opening multiple instances of the application.

Once, I found 10 copies of calculator running in the background since the taskbar was hidden, it went unnoticed. Once I applied the changed to windows system variablesw to allow the Appstart command to bring focus to the newly started application, the problem was resolved.

It has been many years ago, so I can't quote specifics, but the solution is simple, once you find it.

Paul

I've had this problem too, with multiple instances...Does it stay in the foreground. It's been awhile, but I seemed to remember having the problem that if they clicked off the calculator, it brought RSview back to focus, hid the calculator and still had the problem of them relaunching it again.

robertmee said:
I've had this problem too, with multiple instances...Does it stay in the foreground. It's been awhile, but I seemed to remember having the problem that if they clicked off the calculator, it brought RSview back to focus, hid the calculator and still had the problem of them relaunching it again.
In this case, you need to issue an "AppActivate" command first. If it returns an error, issue the "AppStart".