Homeautomation questions?

electricman

Hello!

I"m planning homeautomation system my home. This moment i have siemens logo what controlled garden lights, walk lights and car heating systems.

I buy Siemens S7 224 cpu and weintek HMI MT506MV4 touch display and now i planning new ideas that.

I checking siemens DP/EIB link module but that is very expensive, is"t any cheaper version? Other manufactures?

If it"s possible make system where i can put eib modules and control those modules siemens s7 200 and control those systems Weintek touchdisplay?

How are you attacking the wiring part of the outputs to your outlets?

I have often thought about this, but get overwhelmed when you have to think about running INDIVIDUAL circuits to the associated devices. How are you going to do that?
If you live in a land of conduit, fine. But I am drywall and Romex...and there is NO WAY that I would re-wire the whole house for a PLC.

What is your plan?

No i"m not wiring all my house again.

My idea is install that siemens S7 224 cpu my electric central, and that weintek display to entrance.

I do something like this system:

- Roomtemperature info to S7 / Weintek display
- Possible set new room temperature
- Aircondition defect info S7 / Weintek display
- When i setting alarm on, some power outlet go OFF (Alarm system sent info one Input S7)
- Garden light timesetting and manual on/off
- Walking light timesetting and manual on/off
- Car heating timesetting and manual on 1 hour

Something like that idea, output where need 230v those have relay or contactor electric central, so wiring is wery short.

This moment i have siemens logo what do next things:

- When darksensor get input logo I1 now have dark, then my house numberlight on Q1, and if time is right walking lights on Q2, and same happend garden lights Q1.

- Car heatin working normally timer every morning, but if i need heating other time then i push button and get 1 hour heating Q3.

You can see that attachment logo.pdf

Why i want to chance logo to s7 224 cpu? because logo dont have possible install touchdisplay.

I working electrical engineering every day but i dont have a lot experience logical systems, i have only base training logical product, i understand how connect sensors and outputs and i do that often.

I have very interesting learning programming logic systems and can make easy programs.

I hope you understand what i mean, because my english is not so good :)

neat concept, let us know how it all works out.
Look on Ebay for older HMI's, PLC;s etc.
The AB ML1100 is expandable, has ethernet and has an LCD that is user configurable, and is CHEAP!