1794-AENT connection

The G Man

Hi everyone,

I will be working on a control logix ver.15, adaptor aent-1794 tommorrow and I have never used this model, I would like to know where on the model is the physical laptop connection for me to connect to. Is it the ethernet port. I dont believe this model uses a serial connection. Do I need any other cables other than a patch cord.

Thanks

A 1794-AENT is a flex I/O Adapter module. There's nothing on it to work on, other than setting the initial IP address. The 1794-AENT really has nothing to do with ControlLogix other than a ControlLogix PLC can talk to it and read/write to the I/O modules connected to it.

EDIT: Just saw your crosspost. Don't do that.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi Everybody hope you all get to enjoy your long weekend. My problem is this, I have a 1794-AENT ethernet adapter module that is connected to my...
Replies
Views
I'm sure this question has been posted a thousand times on here but for me it was even funnier when I got to ask Rockwell / AB directly. My...
Replies
Views
Looking to see if there is any sort of publication or details on if I can tie a 1794 AENT module to a 3rd party eth/ip scanner (happens to be opto...
Replies
Views
I'm new to Flex I/O. Our company bought a used packaging machine that uses Flex I/O and we are trying to recommission it. I'm trying to establish...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon , I have used many 1794-AENT Ethernet Adaptors , and never had this problem . I used BootP and assigned the IP Address , sent...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom