Profibus/MPI newbie question

I have a CPU315-2DP which I am trying to use to download to a Simatic TP27 OP.

I am using a PC adapter to connect to the MPI slot on the cpu. In the profibus slot, there is a profibus connector which then goes to the OP. On both connectors, the purple cable is going into the "in" arrow, and both connectors are switched "on". The connector on the CPU has purple cable also coming out of the "out" arrow, which goes to some more profibus connectors which aren't connected to anything and are switched "off".

I have added the OP in Simatic manager. Then I opened up ProTool, and configured the comms to use profibus. The CPU is node 2, and I gave the OP a random node(12).

The profibus network is setup at 1.5 Mbps and using DP with the highest profibus address being 50.

When I try to download to the OP from Protool, I go to download preferences, select "MPI/Profibus DP" and the node that I gave in the setup(12), is displayed in the OP address.

I go to download and I get "E4018: Protocol error with MPI connection 000000F0H" and a popup with "No connection to the OP"

Firstly, why is this setting up and MPI connection when I specified Profibus? Secondly, why isn't this working?

I know they can see eachother, because when I put the PLC into stop mode, a message pops up on the OP saying "S7 with address 2 is in stop mode". There is an old program on the OP which I'm trying to write over.

Also, in the config on the OP, it says it's MPI address is 42, which I have also configured for and tried to download to with no success.

Can you even use an OP on profibus, or download to it with profibus?

As you can see I'm a profibus newbie, so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it very much as I'm getting quite frustrated.

I think your PC adaptor must be connected to the profibus network, rather than the MPI port where you have it now.

Also the OP will need to be put into TRANSFER mode before pro-tool can connect to it.