Bringing New Code online with Step 7 over OPC on Industrial Ethernet

ISUcyclones

Can you use an existing OPC over Industrial Ethernet connection to update code on a S7-300 PLC using Siemens Step 7? I found something somewhere that said this feature was "Optional".

No.

OPC is a standard for exchanging data, not code.

But if you have an OPC connection from the PC where you have STEP7 installed to the PLC, then you can also connect with STEP7 to the PLC.

Similar Topics

Hi all, I have picked up a job where the previous automation guy selected some Freewave Radios (WC20i-485 into WC45i stick gateway) to transmit...
Replies
Views
If have a need (trust me its a need) to bring the System Management Console to the foreground while the HMI is running. I am trying to to this...
Replies
Views
I am not very experienced (2 yr) so this question is for people who know both what is going on with data science currently and have experience...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, While trying to upgrade a Siemens MP370, it hung somewhere in the process and gets about halfway through the creation of its disk...
Replies
Views
I'm fairly well-versed in programming GE 90-30 PLCs with Proficy ME, but I can't figure out how to open a project that was created on a different...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom