DIVELBISS' NEW PLC NAMED "SOLVES-IT"

ZAMMY12

they brought out a 4I, 4O plug-in unit called "solves-it"
great unit for $79 !
one model runs on 12/24VDC
lotta capabilities but the programming environment is not very fault or error tolerant.
if they ever get the programming s/w straightened out they should sell a slew of them.
maybe the heros can program it perfectly but some small errors really screw the already-programmed rungs up.
i love it and could really use some but can't fight the s/w.
maybe they would fix the s/w if they had more feedback.
the unit really is worth investigating.

My favourite bit of kit for this type of application is the AB Compact Block IO. I use the 8I/8O version programmed using DeviceLogix which now supports simple ladder. It is a little bit clunky but amazingly cheap for a basic "PLC" with a built in network port.

Andybr

the comany has been around for 25 years or more.
they have been making embedded type plc boards, etc.

as to the logix blocks, last time i looked they couldn't use an input more than once or some limitation like that, and that didn't compute. one of the assets in plc land is the multiple use of an input.
am i mistaken?
sam